From Virtual Japan
Master-piece (マスターピース / Masterpiece / Master Piece / MSPC) is a Japanese fashion brand who specializes in making urban styled bags that are durable and functional for both men and women. The brand started in 1994 and is based in Osaka, Japan. Their line of bags and accessories includes handbags, shoulder bags, messenger bags, backpacks, and other bags as well as wallets and other related items. Master-piece is known for using interesting materials and colors in their bags. Their general style tends toward urban cool and street fashion like competing bag brands Head Porter and Manhattan Portage.
- 1994 - The Master-piece brand is launched by Ino, Inc.
- 1995 - Taichi Fujimatsu appointed head designer.
- 1997 - INDY series of bags launched.
- 1998 - OVER series of bags launched.
- 1999 - Master-piece Chef-d'oeuvre line launched.
- 2001 - Master-piece shows their line in Berlin, Germany and Paris, France.
- 2002 (Jan) - Master-piece shows their line in Florence, Italy.
- 2002 (June) - Hep Five retail shop opens in Osaka.
- 2002 (Oct) - MSPC Daikanyama shop opens.
- 2003 (June) - Vinterks brand is launched by Master-piece.
- 2003 (Sept) - Masterpiece has an exhibition in London, England.
- 2003 (Nov) - MSPC Harajuku store opens and 02Deriv. brand is announced.
- 2004 - MSPC Shinjku opens in Lumine department store.
- 2005 - MSPC Minami-horie shop in Osaka opens.
- 2006 - MSPC Shops open in Nagoya and Kyoto.
- 2007 - MSPC Product Sort Ginza shop opens.
- 2008 - Masterpiece launches a series of collaboration bags with Japanese clothing brand Man of Moods
Master-piece has launched two other brands which are part of MSPC, but also have independent identities. These brands are:
- Vinterks - a high end bag brand launched in 2003.
- 02Deriv. - a clothing brand announced in 2003.
Master-piece has stand alone shops called MSPC Product shops in several areas of Tokyo and Osaka as well as a shop in Kyoto and one in Taipei, Taiwan. They also have shops inside of some Japanese department stores including some Parco locations. Beyond their own shops, Master-piece bags are widely available in fashion shops that carry bags throughout Japan from small indie shops all the way up to large department stores like Isetan and Tokyu Hands. Masterpiece / MSPC bags are also available at numerous online shops including a web store on their own website.
MSPC Product Shops Tokyo
- Master-piece Daikanyama
- Address: 2-13-1 Ebisu-nishi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0021
- Phone: 03-5428-9428
- Master-piece Shinjuku
- Address: (in Lumine department store) 3-38-2 Lumine 3F Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022
- Phone: 03-3349-0800
- Master-piece Harajuku
- Address: 6-13-11 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
- Phone: 03-5467-3066
Master-piece Harajuku Map