From Virtual Japan
Vaporize (previously "Vapor") is a clothing brand founded by Japanese-American Smashing Pumpkins guitar player James Iha. The Vaporize fashion brand is available in Japan through Beams. The style of the clothing in the brand is inspired by the looks of the 1960's and 1970's which is similar to the clothing that James Iha himself is known to wear.
- 1968 - James Iha is born in Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 2000 - Smashing Pumpkins breakup, giving Iha more free time.
- 2001 - James Iha and Isao Izutsu launch the clothing brand Vapor in partnership with Beams Japan.
- 2003 - The fashion brand name is changed from Vapor to Vaporize.
Vaporize is available in Japan exclusively through International Gallery Beams. The flagship International Gallery Beams shop is in the Harajuku area of Tokyo.
International Gallery Beams Harajuku
- Address English: 3-25-15 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Address Japanese: 渋谷区神宮前3-25-15
- Phone: 03-3470-3948
International Gallery Beams Harajuku Map