From Virtual Japan
ato (not usually capitalized) is an edgy Japanese fashion brand created by designer Ato Matsumoto. The brand has been around since 1993 and offers all types of high end and street clothing and accessories as well as shoes. Outside of Japan, they have become very famous for their sneakers since Kayne West began wearing them.
- 1993 - Brand is founded by Ato Matsumoto.
- 1994 - First fashion show for the brand in Tokyo.
- 1999 - ato clothing first becomes available in North America and Europe.
- 2000 - First begins showing the ato collection in Paris.
- 2003 - Expanded selection at the Tokyo Women's Collection.
- 2007 - Kayne West begins wearing ato boots in high profile appearances, causing a lot of interest from sneaker fans in English speaking countries.
ato has a shop in the Aoyama area of Tokyo. ato clothing and sneakers are also available at various shops and malls throughout Japan as well as at select boutiques and online shops in Japan and around the world.
ato Aoyama Flagship Store
- ato Aoyama
- 3-18-9 Mini-Aoyama
- Minoto-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Phone: 03-5474-1748
ato (Official Site)